Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Parade Muck Slinging

Ok, so I guess I'm going to out myself a little here -- I'm a progressive and ... I kinda like Luke. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not sure if I'm going to vote for him or not and I am going to have to analyze Pat Dowd but Mayor Ravenstahl has put up with a lot of bull from the media.

Especially the muck Tim McNulty (and some over-active personalities with so much time on their hands that they tweet EVERYTHING) has been putting out ridiculing Luke for riding in the Super Bowl parade with Big Ben. What's wrong with Luke showing his Steelers Nation pride? Isn't this what mayors do? I seem to remember my mayor back home in Philly riding with my beloved Phillies when they won the World Series in 2008 and he even carried the Commissioner's Trophy! No one feigned outrage about this because that's what mayors do! They show support and pride in the local sports teams. Could you even imagine the cries of "He has no Steelers pride!" Luke would have gotten if he had been MIA from the parade?

No comments:

Post a Comment