Tuesday, March 3, 2009

its a Triple Threat, not a one-on-one face off


Today I wanted to talk about the fact that the mayor's race is a three way race, but people seem to be forgetting that. I recently had the privilege to meet Carmen Robinson, she was very impressive and I liked her a lot.

All the other blogs in the burgh-o-sphere seem to have forgotten Robinson and are focusing on the scrappy Mr. Dowd. But I don't think its just the blogs suffering this case of amnesia, candidate Dowd seems to think he and Luke are the only ones vying to lead the city.

Dowdy's been challenging Lukey to debates but has he been directly including Robinson in these discussions? or does he want to count her out so he can be the vessel of change?

What I'd like most in the coming weeks is for ALL THREE candidates for the top post begin a conversation with the city residents, not just someone grand standing for another run in the future. That's what would be best for the city.

12 comments:

  1. Do you read the paper at all?

    http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/earlyreturns/archive/2009/03/03/robinson-only-3-debates.aspx

    Or do you just post crap?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elaine,

    Everything I've seen and read are correspondences between the Dowd folks and the Luke folks. I was just curious since Dowd's doin the challenging, is he directly contacting and addressing Robinson or is he just copying her on things as an after thought?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Did you see Robinson's response to the questionnaire for the Stone Wall Democrats? Very poor at its best...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is customary to challenge the challenger. Take the fight to the incumbant. I fail to see your point with the exchange of letters between Dowd and Luke, and Robinson being CCed. I'm baffled as to why Robinson hasn't done it herself already. I really don't think the intent behind it is malicious or making it an after thought in any way. My opinion--Dowd is just taking initiative in getting some debates scheduled.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Robinson has zero chance of finishing higher than 3rd place in this race.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Manchurian" candidate Dowd? This is approaching satire.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This blog is indeed satire. I feel like I'm reading the old Pittsburgh Hoagie, before Matt H became a somewhat informed blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry, did you say ... "Matt H became a somewhat informed blogger." In what parallel universe did this happen? If you call razor sharp insight like ... "Robinson will finish 3rd" informed. Does Matt H write another blog that I'm not aware of????

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I said somewhat, because last year Matt H surprised me and supported Obama over Clinton in the primary. For once he supported someone other than the establishment candidate. Also, his lust for Luke seemed to be waning. Unfortunately, he is once again a lover of Luke, and a supporter of hacks like Tony Coghill. I'm not sure exactly how a roofer is more qualified to be on city council than someone with public policy and government consulting experience, not to mention degrees from GW and CMU.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tony Coghill is far from a hack.

    ReplyDelete
  11. havent caught onto all the controversy on your blog yet, but I think Carmen R. is far more interesting a prospect than Pat *yawn* Dowd.

    personally, i'm excited there are some progressive women running in the city races. Go Natalia!

    ReplyDelete